Central New England
(Poughkeepsie, NY - Rhinecliff - Canaan, CT - Hartford - Agawam Jct.)
Shoreliner® Article Index
- Volume 12 Issue 1 1981
- Front cover photo of an RDC-1 at the end of Central New England track at Griffins (Bloomfield), CT, on an NRHS excursion in 1954.
- "Railroad Tunnels of Connecticut" -- Includes tunnels in Newtown (2), Washington, Norfolk, Terryville, East Haven, Hartford, Bolton Notch, Taftville and Norwich (2). 8 pages with photos and maps.
- Volume 14 Issue 4 1983
- Rear cover photo of Mogul #388 crossing the diamond with freight southbound at Canaan, CT.
- Volume 23 Issue 4 1992
- "The 'Bull Moose' 2-8-0s" -- The story of the CNE/New Haven's F-5 class Consolidations. 20 pages including color cover and centerspread photos.
- Volume 29 Issue 1
- "Snow Trains" -- Reviews the New Haven's snow train operations of the 1930s through the 1950s. During the 1930s some snow trains operated between Grand Central and the "Norfolk Snow Station" in East Canaan, CT. 16 pages with photos and advertising material.
- Volume 29 Issue 2
- "Snow Train Finale" -- A postscript to the previous issue's "Snow Trains" article by J.W. Swanberg, including a letter by Leroy Beaujon on the Norfolk Snow Station. 2 pages with photo.
- Volume 31 Issue 1
- "Some Signals on the New Haven" -- A review of the various signal types used on the New Haven, as told in photos taken by T.J. Donahue. Includes a photo of the interlocking signals at Canaan, CT. 9 pages.
- Volume 34 Issue 4
- "The New Hartford Branch" -- The story of this Connecticut branch line between Farmington and New Hartford. 18 pages with maps and many photos, including the front cover.