Southern Canal Line
(New Haven, CT - Plainville - Farmington - Simsbury)
Shoreliner® Article Index
- Volume 15 Issue 4 1984
- Inside cover photo of K-1-b #479 heading northbound with a freight out of Plainville on the Canal Line for Collinsville, circa 1947. 1/2 page.
- Volume 19 Issue 1 1988
- Inside cover photo of K-1-b #479 entering New Hartford, CT, over the Farmington River bridge in March 1948. 1/2 page.
- Volume 23 Issue 1 1992
- "Both Engines Digging In!" -- June 1940 photo of two J-class Mikados straining with a Canal line freight at New Britain, CT. The Canal line freights ran Cedar Hill to North Haven Junction, to Berlin Junction, to New Britain, to Plainville and then north on the Canal line. 1 page.
- Volume 29 Issue 2
- "Operations on the Highland 1947 - 1953" -- Reviews passenger and freight operation on the Highland line between Waterbury and Hartford, CT. 12 pages with many photos, particularly in the Plainville area, and maps.
- Volume 31 Issue 1
- "Fall Foliage on the Canal Line" -- The story of steam-powered fall foliage excurisons on the Canal Line run in the mid-late 1940s. 12 pages with many photos, including the inside front and rear covers.
- Volume 34 Issue 4
- "The New Hartford Branch" -- The story of this Connecticut branch line between Farmington and New Hartford. 18 pages with maps and many photos, including the front cover.